Sunday, September 28, 2008

Private problems - food and clothing

I have been staying in New York since June 29th. I lived in midtown Manhattan, and I moved to upper east Manhattan last week. I feel these locations are quite different from each other. There are many shops and offices in midtown, and almost buildings are taller and bigger, a lot of people and many cars are on the roads, in addition, there are something smell bad and dirty in midtown. However, Upper east is very quiet and cleaner place. I saw many mothers and children on the roads, and when I went to coffee shop, old men told about politics together. I have never seen these kinds of people in midtown.

On the other hand, I can’t find deli in upper east. Deli is a food shop. It is very convenient for me. They have many kinds of ready-made foods, for example, breaded chicken cutlets, steamed sermons, flied rice, pastas, salads and cut fruits. These foods are on the trays in their shops. We take a little plastic bowl and put any foods which we want to have in it, and bring it to register counter. They weigh it, and the price is depended on the weight. We don’t need to leave tip. I often go to deli when I lived in midtown.

I can’t find these kinds of shop near my upper east new residence, so I often buy frozen foods at grocery stores these days, but these foods are expensive and not enough for me. I have to consider my dietary life now.

I have to consider another thing. It is clothing. When I came to New York, it is on the summer. I brought only clothes for the summer from Japan, but the season is becoming the fall. I have to get new clothes for the fall. I went clothing shops these days, but I found that American clothes’ size is bigger than Japanese size. The small size is even little bit bigger for me, so I wanted to have extra small size clothes, but almost clothing shops don’t have extra small size.

Moving living place and changing season bring me the new problems. I hope I could find some good ideas to solve these problems.

No comments: